The AFP Speakers Bureau is a national program that provides presentations and talks to Community groups, schools and universities about employment opportunities in the AFP.
The presentations will focus on generalist and specialist career pathways and recruitment processes within the AFP. Speakers will use a PowerPoint presentation to provide personal insights into working for the AFP.
Presentation information can include:
- How to join the AFP and the recruitment process
- AFP Graduate Program. Applicable to University students who are undertaking undergraduate studies only.
- AFP Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Entry Level Programs. Applicable to Indigenous applicants only. These include traineeships, cadetships and internships.
Specialist information (dependent on availability)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment, retention and career development.
- AFP Forensic recruitment information
- The AFP and Community Policing in Canberra
- Federal Agents
- Protective Service Officers
- International Deployment Group (IDG)
Brochures and other promotional material are provided at speaking events.
Requests for speakers
Requests for speakers can be submitted via the online request form or by printing out the Speaker request form (PDF, 50KB) and faxing it to 02 6131 5555.
The Speakers Bureau facilitator will contact you to advise whether a speaker is available to attend your event.