The Australian Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Data Centre (CBRNDC) is part of the AFP Forensic and Data Centres Portfolio.
The CBRNDC provides technical intelligence products and services to relevant entities in order to support law enforcement and national security objectives.
Objective of CBRNDC
To enhance Australia's capability to prevent, prepare and respond to malicious use of chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear agents within and against Australia and its interests.
Collect, collate, analyse and disseminate technical information and intelligence relating to the unlawful use of hazardous chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) materials.
In support of preparedness and operations, and within existing criminal, counter-terrorism and counter-proliferation arrangements, the CBRNDC will:
- promote collaborative links and information sharing with international partners and the Australian CBRN community, including government policy-makers, law enforcement, emergency services, the research community and relevant areas of the public and private sector
- be a national repository for incidents involving threatened and actual use of CBRN agents
- be a central point of contact for technical intelligence relating to CBRN agents
- provide timely analysis and assessment of feasibility and impact of CBRN agents relating to:
- current threats
- trend analysis
- new and emerging technology and methodology
- provide technical advice to relevant entities on CBRN agents
|Australian Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Data Centre
GPO Box 401
Canberra City ACT 2601
|Business Hours: |
(02) 6223 3000
(02) 6126 7777