The AFP provides high quality security risk management (SRM) advice to Australian Government departments and agencies, Commonwealth authorities and private sector organisations and companies that deal with Commonwealth interests.
Our extensive involvement in federal law enforcement and protective security has given us a unique understanding of protective security risks and how to manage them in a way that supports business while meeting security obligations.
The AFP helps turn security obligations into opportunities by developing tailored SRM frameworks that cost effectively protect organisations while helping them to achieve strategic goals.
In particular, we help organisations to meet the requirements of Australian Government Protective security policy and standards by.
This is done by:
- creating and maintaining an appropriate security environment for the protection of functions and official resources
- conducting regular security audits to ensure that protective security measures are efficiently and effectively implemented
- prepare a security plan which is updated or revised regularly or when risks or circumstances change significantly
The AFP has consistently demonstrated its ability to understand client needs and provide practical, cost-effective and tailored assistance and advice.
Our services provide a fresh, unbiased perspective based on broader experience with other agencies. The AFP is also able to provide external validation, allowing clients to focus their resources on other priorities.
We offer a comprehensive range of tailored SRM services that address existing and anticipated threats and risks, strategic goals, existing security measures and business processes. Our approach ensures that security arrangements align with and support business activities and goals.
- risk assessments including asset, information, physical and personnel security policy, management and practices
- compliance reviews against benchmarks such as the Protective Security Policy Framework, and the Australian Government Information and Communications Technology Security Manual
- needs analyses for agencies, including new and existing sites and operations, in accordance with ISO 31000:2009 Risk Management
- policy, procedures, action plans and critical incident management and reporting such as framework development, desktop and real-time testing and review
- client service risk management including advice and training on the design and management of client service areas, to best protect staff and clients from verbal and physical aggression
- critical incident management such as advice on preventive risk reduction and post-incident evaluation and support
- tender preparation and evaluation including advice and assistance on protective security equipment and service procurement
- awareness training and briefings on SRM obligations, security risk awareness and management, aggression and incident management
- personnel security risk management, such as development and review of classified information and security clearance frameworks
Our staff is highly experienced in conducting reviews, audits and critically evaluating existing security arrangements. They meet stringent AFP vetting, character and broader selection standards, and can travel within Australia and overseas to meet client needs.
Our client service model
We ensure that doing business with the AFP is efficient by ensuring clients receive:
- dedicated contact officers
- rigorous quality assurance to ensure consistent and defensible advice and decisions
- regular progress reports
- formal service agreements on client requirements, price, time lines and so on
- monitoring and notification of SRM review renewal dates
Information regarding organisations and their staff is kept in a secure environment using AFP premises, IT systems, storage facilities and protocols.
We are committed to providing services that meet particular security needs in ways that best suit relevant business practices.
We can discuss your needs confidentially and prepare a proposal on an obligation-free basis.