AFP TV Series
The Australian Federal Police began operations on 19 October 1979. The catalyst for its formation was the Sydney Hilton hotel bombing the year before and a realisation by the Australian Government that an organisation was needed to deal with issues, such as terrorism, at a national level.
The observational series AFP, gives you an exclusive insight into the daily workings of the Australian Federal Police.
AFP captures vision of federal agents working in a number of diverse environments, highlighting the challenges that the Australian Federal Police faces, including human trafficking, cyber-crime, peace operations, protection and other transnational crimes.
The show is filmed in real time. There are no actors.
With diverse storylines including operational and non-operational action, the series also showcases the important and unique relationships the Australian Federal Police has with law enforcement partners both in Australia and offshore.
Season 1 episodes
- Episode one - People smuggling / Advanced Warrant Training
- Episode two - Parcel post / Currency dogs
- Episode three - International Deployment Group
- Episode four - Specialist Response Amphetamine Type Stimulants Team (SRATS) / Timor-Lese
- Episode five - Close Personal Protection
- Episode six - Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) / Intellectual property crime (Operation Curia)