Responding to change
The nature of the AFP and what is required of it, has changed significantly in recent years. The AFP has responded to a rapidly changing environment and this has required a greater focus on national and international operations.
To help meet these challenges, the AFP has implemented a new organisational structure. The structure focuses on AFP's main operational areas and provides a higher level of national coordination and support to these areas.
The objectives of the new structure are to achieve better results by:
- improving the management structure and methodologies to better reflect the AFP's national and international focus
- providing an improved management framework which is better able to meet the national expectations of government, client and partner agencies
- providing a stronger accountability framework to the government
- ensuring the organisation is acting in a corporately consistent manner and that resources are being aligned to meet corporate priorities
- providing a stronger management framework to develop and implement corporate strategy and policy
- improving our strategic position and management capabilities to proactively identify and manage new demands and emerging crime and security threats
- providing opportunities for staff development in managerial roles