In Australia, the AFP leads investigations into crimes that involve the exploitation of people or that break immigration laws (such as people smuggling). To do this, we often work closely with other policing and government agencies, including:
- state and territory police
- Department of Home Affairs
- Australian Border Force
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Fair Work Ombudsman
- Office of the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions
- Office of the Special Investigator.
We also work closely with INTERPOL and other international partners to stop criminals with links to Australia.