The AFP has offices across Europe with strategic and operational engagement responsibilities. We have staff based in the Netherlands, France, Serbia and the United Kingdom. They engage with law enforcement partners throughout Europe to identify and disrupt criminal activities in the region.
We engage with European law enforcement to combat a range of crimes including:
- foreign terrorist fighters
- synthetic drugs
- illegal firearm purchases via the DarkWeb
- foreign interference
- serious and organised crime.
Our extensive reach across Europe aims to have maximum impact and supports our operations. For example, we have a close relationship with the National Crime Agency in the United Kingdom, collaborating on serious and organised crime and cyber related criminal matters.
We also have staff appointed to:
- the International Anti-Corruption Coordination Centre in London
- the International Criminal Court in The Hague.