Our Community Liaison teams make the Australian community stronger. We actively engagement with diverse communities to build trust and enhance our ability to protect the community.
Community Liaison teams are based in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth. They help Australians by:
- helping vulnerable and at-risk groups
- tackling social problems such as crime, unemployment and antisocial or extremist behaviour
- addressing misunderstandings
- helping people have conversations about issues of concern
- providing advice and education to help communities respond to issues
- discussing situations as they emerge
- acting as a link between the community and law enforcement.