The AFP College is an enterprise registered training organisation (RTO), provider #1056.
As an enterprise RTO, the AFP College primarily provides nationally recognised training to AFP appointees. We don't offer training to the general public.
The AFP College RTO offers 8 nationally recognised qualifications:
- Advanced Diploma of Police Close Personal Protection (POL60121)
- Advanced Diploma of Police Investigation (POL65115)
- Advanced Diploma of Surveillance (POL62422)
- Diploma of Policing (POL50118)
- Diploma of Police Search and Rescue Coordination (Marine/Land) (POL58121)
- Diploma of Police Intelligence Practice (POL50119)
- Certificate IV in Protective Services (POL41215)
- Certificate IV in Government Investigations (PSP40416).
Refer to details in the national register of vocational education and training.
We also offer several other learning initiatives:
- Federal Police Development Program (FPDP) for police officer recruits
- Protective Service Officer Program (PSOP) for protective service officer (PSO) recruits
- Federal Police Transition Program (FPTP) for PSOs to transition to police roles
- Federal Police Lateral Program (FPLP) for state and territory police wanting to work for the AFP
- Management of Serious Crime Program (MOSC) for leaders of complex, serious crime investigations
- capacity building for local and international law enforcement agencies
- online learning initiatives.
Our experienced trainers will teach you to outsmart crime. You'll gain skills to protect Australians and Australia's interests.
International law enforcement agencies
We help international law enforcement partners build capacity to prevent and investigate transnational crimes, including:
Local law enforcement agencies
We help our government agencies build their capacity to investigate crimes against the Australian Government. We do this in line with the Australian Government Investigation Standard.
Management of Serious Crime Program (MOSC)
We offer world-class training for leaders of complex serious crime investigations. The MOSC program is for Australian and international law enforcement organisations.
The program helps senior crime leaders:
- use innovation, technology and accountable decision-making in complex crime investigations
- collaborate with colleagues in other agencies and jurisdictions
- analyse the strategic operating environment, and identify factors in serious crime
- influence strategic approaches to fight serious crime in Australia and overseas.
How to apply
For further information or to apply please email the MOSC Program team.
In the heart of Canberra, near Lake Burley Griffin and close to Kingston’s shopping and café precinct, the AFP College offers:
- exercise classes and a fully equipped gym open 24/7
- access to exercise physiologists, physiotherapists, welfare support and dietitians
- free single-room accommodation with ensuite, bed and desk
- free main meals
- mobile phone and laptop computer
- coffee shop, bar and dining hall
- shared laundry
- technology-enabled training rooms and a resources centre to help with study
- common areas for socialising
- free off-street parking
- an ATM
Learn more about becoming: