Senate Order file lists
As part of the government's ongoing commitment to give Australians greater access to relevant government information quickly and easily, the AFP is required to prepare a report in response to Senate Order 12, known as the Harradine Report, every 6 months.
The Senate Order was amended in 1998 and requires us to also publish the indexed list of all relevant corporate file titles with the following exclusions:
- files transferred to the National Archives of Australia
- case related files
- files related to the internal administration of the AFP.
In accordance with the Order, some information in file titles have been excluded such as:
- commercially confidential information
- identifiable personal information
- security classified information.
The lists are required to be tabled twice a year, once in the Spring sitting (file titles created in the preceding January to June) and once in the Autumn sitting (file titles created in the preceding July to December).
You can find older Senate order file lists in TROVE's website archive.